We are currently seeking an experienced, results-driven VP of Operations, Supply Chain and Logistics to direct and plan all aspects of supply chain initiatives and to cross-functionally support the operations and logistics department. This an excellent position for someone with good presentation and communication skills to ensure vendors understand their contractual requirements and to develop and implement improved strategic sourcing policies. The VP of Operations, Supply Chain and Logistics will demonstrate success by improving profit margins and reducing inefficiencies in operational processes, sourcing and purchasing, and distribution of the product.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Translates business strategies into operational tactics and concrete actions with target delivery dates
- Thrives in a fast-paced, growing environment both organically and through acquisition.
- Provides leadership, support and strategic direction to operations, supply chain and logistics departments.
- Develops effective operating metrics that inform the leadership on the health of the operations and communicate both good and bad results timely
- Accurately forecasts material purchasing and optimizes management’s decision-making capabilities using MRP
- Experience in sourcing product materials on a global scale and in key international markets, including Asia and Mexico
- Manages distribution warehouse and improves the flow of products both incoming and outgoing
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of all variables affecting manufacturing and material movement costs to ensure the best value and service level are followed.
- Develops procurement strategies for the suite of raw materials necessary to build our product
- Assesses risks and oversees the implementation of new policies and regulations for the company.
- Forecasts ongoing demand for goods and services
- Identifies and pursues new supplier opportunities.
- Centralizes and consolidates vendor management, outsources agreements, and manages RFP process with the vision to improve pricing, delivery metrics, terms and conditions.
- Leads several highly visible projects which require project oversight, budget management and ongoing communication
- Develops a sourcing & production strategy and vendor matrix appropriate for all product lines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, logistics, or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience in operations, logistics, and procurement experience in manufacturing.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership position
- Proficiency in SAP or ERP environments
- Experience utilizing an MRP (Material Requirement Planning) solution
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Skills to lead and motivate teams, drive results, and manage change effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects, to develop and implement solutions, and manage risk.
- Market competitive medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401K Safe Harbor with a guaranteed 3%