We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Azure Cloud Data Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining data infrastructure on the Azure platform. If you’re eager to drive innovation through data and make a significant impact, we invite you to apply and be part of our journey to data excellence!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements Azure-based data solutions, including data pipelines, data warehouses, and data lakes.
- Develops and implements data governance policies to ensure data is protected and meets regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains data integration and transformation processes using Azure Data Factory.
- Develops and maintains data security policies to ensure data is secure and protected from unauthorized access.
- Optimizes data storage and retrieval by implementing indexing, partitioning, and compression strategies.
- Works with Cosmos DB to manage globally distributed, multi-model databases at scale.
- Develops Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts to automate deployment and scaling of Azure-based data solutions.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Monitors and troubleshoots data solutions to ensure uptime and performance.
- Continuously improves data solutions by researching new technologies and tools, and making recommendations to enhance data capabilities.
- Builds and maintains documentation for data solutions and processes.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Supports the company’s goals and values
- Participates in coordination of disaster recovery planning and preparation
- Builds a great rapport with fellow associates, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Performs other duties as assigned
- All associates are expected to maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing Azure-based data solutions, including data pipelines, data warehouses, and data lakes
- Experience in Azure SQL, storage, security, Infrastructure as Code, Azure Pipelines, Azure Data Factory, Cosmos DB, and data governance
- Experience managing Snowflake
- Strong understanding of data security and compliance regulations
- Proficient in SQL and Python programming languages
- Familiarity with version control systems such as GitHub
- Experience working with Cosmos DB at scale
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Working experience with the Denodo platform
- Advanced degree or certification related to the field
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Excellent presentation skills for communicating both business-oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- Extensive experience with vendor partnerships and resolution of complex system issues
- Experience in the FinTech space
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions, to consistently deliver on commitments, and assume responsibility for results
- Creative Thinking along with the ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness
- Prioritizes competing demands and effectively manages multiple tasks and/or projects
- Takes initiative to research and resolve problems, and undertake activities with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instruction and speak clearly to fellow associates
- Ability to train and coach associates, as appropriate
- Hybrid office environment, manager permitting, with traditional hours
- Sitting for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours)
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours)
- Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary
- Must be able to travel – estimated at 5% to 10% of the time