Are you a dynamic and results-oriented professional with a passion for construction project management? We are seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to join our team and lead the charge in delivering exceptional construction projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manages, oversees, and serves as client’s and the customer’s representative on one or more construction project(s) which client has been retained to execute and manage on behalf of a customer to successfully complete a quality project on time, within budget and complying with safety standards while exceeding client expectations;
- Maintains and builds existing business relationships and generates new business relationships.
- Carefully manages the intended outcome that balances owner contract, budget, time and cost limitations.
- Acts as the center of activities reaching out to the Owner (or Owner’s representative), Trade Partners and Superintendent involved in the process.
- Provides the direction that the Superintendent needs, for a successful completion, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate full knowledge of the project’s status and binding together the many diverse elements, which bring about successful completion.
- Carefully manages the intended outcome that balances owner and architect expectations, budget, time and cost limitations.
- The Project Manager is in charge of making decisions that determine the project’s cost and success.
- Determines work priorities, including planning and coordinating work.
- Develops new control procedures and strategies for the attainment of improved productivity.
- Visualizes the completed results, from customer instructions.
- Makes independent choices concerning matters of significance, such as whether to vary from prescribed standards, permitted tolerances, or normal procedures and sound ways if need be in order to achieve the customer’s and client’s project goals.
- Develops and builds relationships with Clients, Owner’s Representatives, Architects, and Trade Partners with a focus to generate new opportunities.
- Actively works to develop new business relationships which result in new project opportunities.
- Has a strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude.
- Works with energy, enthusiasm and a sense of urgency.
- Leads the project offering valuable solutions and bringing value to every action and is a proactive problem solver
- Communicates respectfully, clearly and openly
- Demonstrates the integrity and moral fortitude to not violate client’s core values, by using sound engineering judgment, following building codes and abiding by the laws of the United States, the States and Cities in which the company does business. When asked for a judgment call, they will always ask, “is this ethically appropriate.”
- Excellent grasp of the management of multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment and outstanding memory and retention capabilities.
- In addition to other duties as assigned by the employer, the responsibilities of the Project Manager are outlined in the procedures manual and will be updated as necessary.
- Reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Held accountable to the Principal in Charge for which they are assigned
- Interacts with all field employees, architect, owner, trade partners and other staff as necessary.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Administration or a related field with a strong, proven background in all facets of managing and administering projects.
- Minimum of five years of construction industry experience.
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts and a thorough understanding of electrical. mechanical and structural systems.
- Knowledge of building materials and the ability to read blueprints. Extroverted personality with supervisory ability and the ability to guide the efforts of vendors and trade partners.
- Excellent grasp of the management of multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, cost controls, estimating and collection abilities.
- Strong Communication personality with the ability to guide the efforts of vendors and trade partners. Field experience and Dale Carnegie training preferred but not necessary.
- Demonstrates good judgement and able to have a working relationship with managers and other employees and able to tactfully handle difficult situations, make the best use of time during the workday and recognizes and deals with priorities
- Ability to use software such project management software, Excel and Word, among other.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to maintain project schedules.
- Travels as necessary.
- Able to review progress at construction sites in all phases of construction.
- Makes presentations and participates in meetings both on the construction site and in an office setting.
- Lifts and moves up to 50 pounds, drives a vehicle and is able to sit in a constricted space for several hours at a time.
- Ability to perceive and communicate effectively. Specific abilities include visual, auditory, and verbal skills, accommodating various levels of sensory perception and communication
AdamsGabbert is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe in inclusivity and the strength it brings to our workforce, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in all of our roles, and decisions on hiring and employment are solely based on qualifications, merit, and business need.