The PeopleSoft System Administrator will help manage PeopleSoft environments including installation, upgrades, patches, replication, change assistant, data refreshes, performance tuning, and monitoring of Database, Web and Application servers. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and stabilization of PeopleSoft HCM and FSCM in a 9.2 environment..
Role & Responsibilities:
- Performs the installation, upgrade and maintenance of PeopleSoft applications, databases, middleware and servers which includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches and conducting code migrations, refreshes and configurations
- Functions as part of the team to architect, test, implement and enhance PeopleSoft systems and applications to meet dynamic business needs.
- Performs complex configuration, change management and testing activities to support a service-oriented architecture and integration between various applications
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical problems with PeopleSoft systems to include application, database and server problems
- Manages the integrity of security design and engineering for PeopleSoft applications and systems, including the implementation of Disaster Recovery and high availability
- Administers PeopleSoft systems security measures to protect data, software and hardware
- Determines future growth requirements of the applications in areas such as configuration, sizing, server counts, batch processing throughput, thread count set up; works with other information technology professionals to address application capacity needs
- Ensures the performance and reliability of PeopleSoft systems by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing and satisfactory response time and working with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues
- Monitors application and server performance, provides recommendations for enhancements/changes to packaged software applications
- Using in-house developed or third-party tools and processes, assists in management of code deployments
- Provides programming/scripting assistance to support PeopleSoft system automation; debugs and tunes/optimizes SQL statements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT, business, or related field
- Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in ERP systems and support of HR applications Five (5) years’ experience in PeopleSoft HR (HCM or HRMS), Procurement and / or Financials applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on customer service with employees and management at all levels.
- Demonstrated problem-solving analytical skills with attention to detail.
- A self-starter with strong time-management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking and problem-solving in a customer-focused environment.