Our client’s IT teams are dedicated to supporting a mission-driven approach by developing applications and products that serve our customers. I am assisting in their search for a Software Engineer Advisor who is passionate about leading software evolution and innovation within their Investment Technology team.
As a “Hands-on” Technical Lead in this role, your primary responsibilities encompass providing day-to-day leadership, individual coaching, mentoring, software engineering, and architectural/technical solution guidance to Scrum Team Engineers. You will work closely with Product Owners and Architects to identify solutions and lead your team in delivering improvements to their clients through Agile development.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and partners to deliver maximum value to Clients.
- Set departmental goals and objectives aligned with Investment Management initiatives.
- Outline solutions with Product Owners and Team Architects to support building Distribution Digitization capabilities/features.
- Lead System and Application-level architecture and design sessions.
- Lead Software Engineering solution development and continuous delivery.
- Prepare technical designs and requirements to support secure and scalable software development.
- Track progress towards team commitments and objectives.
- Facilitate mentoring and coaching sessions to continuously improve technical solutions, delivery, and teamwork.
- Empower and champion team success.
- Leverage your experience with developing in a Cloud environment and your knowledge of cloud/AWS infrastructure.
- Participate in industry outreach and research.
- Identify innovative ideas and gain consensus for their adoption and execution.
- Lead and develop feature enhancements and coordinate releases through continuous delivery.
- Provide leadership in solving complex technology/software problems, identifying root causes, and resolving issues.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, or Business, required.
- 7+ years of work experience in a Financial Services/Asset Management firm, required.
- Hands-on experience with Java 8, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Postman/Newman, Swagger, REACT (*.js), RESTful Services, and Messaging Services (MQ, Kafka).
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering and testing practices & methodologies.
- Proven hands-on technical expertise, analytical and troubleshooting skills in Java, Python, and Cloud-Native solutions.
- Experience with Agile/SAFE practices.
- Experience with major market data providers like Bloomberg, FactSet, S&P.
- Experience with risk and portfolio management systems such as BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg AIM, Charles River is a plus.
- Work experience with OpenShift, MuleSoft, and any Rules Engine, including experience in AWS technologies, is an advantage.
- Experience with R/MatLab/Python ML packages is a plus.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Exhibits Behaviors that are: Client Focused, Courageous and Accountable, Collaborative, Curious and Adaptable, Competitively Driven, adheres to the highest ethical standards and business practices, and Supports a culture of compliance.
- Is willing to perform on-call duties outside of business hours when needed, in alignment with our client’s general DevOps practices.
This position offers a hybrid work environment and may be in New York, Kansas City, MO, Santa Clara, CA, or DFW/Southlake, Texas. Candidates hired outside of KCMO can expect occasional travel, at least once per quarter, to Headquarters (KCMO) or other locations.
**At this time, our client is unable to provide sponsorship and not able to work C2C**