One of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations is seeking a highly talented, experienced Lead Software Engineer who is passionate about creating the next generation of construction products and services. This position will be responsible for leading a Team of Software Engineers in the design and development of high-performing products to make us better, make someone’s job easier, and deliver measurable value.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keeps customer’s perspectives and experiences front-of-mind when designing quality and high-performing systems
- Produces designs that ensure solutions meet scalability, performance, flexibility, and extensibility.
- Contributes to architectural design early in the development cycle, influencing quality and specification adherence.
- Develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards while leading the team in establishing program specifications.
- Work with Product Owners and other team members to identify possible risks and translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks while providing timing estimates, resources, and solution suggestions.
- Promotes test-driven development and automated testing in engineering processes and solutions.
- Develops clean design and code with the team while emphasizing maintainability, simplicity, and quality.
- Utilizes established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement, and maintain application software while maintaining best practice application security.
- Communication point and technical point of contact with sponsors, product owners, scrum masters, and project teams.
- Delegates and manages the committed work for the team.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and be able to apply them to a variety of projects.
- Provides mentorship to junior developers.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ Years of Lead/Senior Software Engineering experience.
- 7+ Years of experience building software using OOP practices.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile, or related lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience writing API and UI unit tests.
- A strong understanding of .Net development practices, standards, and emerging technologies.
- Experience with database programming and design.
- Experience with Web Services.
- Experience with UX and User-Centered Design (UCD).
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Light travel may be required.
- Experience with component libraries like AGGrid and Ant Design.
- SOA design history, Design patterns, and experience with Volatility-Based Decomposition and iDesign
- Working history with SQL Server/Azure SQL
- Azure ecosystem experience.
- Function Apps experience
- A working knowledge of 3D CAD SDK’s
- An understanding of 3D model data.
- Civil engineering terminology knowledge is a plus.
- $130K – $160K