Back to all jobs
We’re seeking an IT Help Desk Technician for a current client of ours who is willing to support all users of their systems and infrastructure. The ideal candidate will serve as the first contact with users who need technical assistance via phone or email as they use different diagnostic techniques to swiftly troubleshoot arising issues. If you’re a problem-solving expert with a passion for great customer relations, we want to hear from you!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to users by researching and answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and maintaining workstations, printers, mobile phones and LAN performance.
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Participates in the development of client training programs by identifying learning issues and recommending instructional language.
- Helps establish support processes using a case/ticketing system.
- Provisions new equipment for new hires as well as requests, tracks, and receives equipment for offboarded employees.
- Tracks IT inventory across corporate and manufacturing locations to ensure needed equipment is readily available to support the business.
- Accommodates client disabilities by recommending devices and techniques.
- Improves system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Prior information technology experience or CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – Specifically Excel, and Outlook.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Office 365 and InTune.
- Thorough understanding of troubleshooting utilities and tools, and virus detection software.
- Knowledge of ghosting software/utilities & data recovery tools.
- Critical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
Work Environment Expectations:
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit, stand and bend at the knee and waist, and walk.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on the computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computers, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.