Are you a seasoned IT professional with a passion for crafting seamless data integration solutions? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment where your expertise can drive critical business decisions? If so, we invite you to join our team as a Senior SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Developer.
As a Senior SSIS Developer, you will play a pivotal role in our data integration efforts, collaborating closely with our managerial and architectural teams. Your primary responsibilities will encompass SSIS development, testing, documentation, and user support. This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your extensive knowledge and experience with SSIS to shape our data integration processes and make a meaningful impact on our organization.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from Manager/Architect/Senior Programmer for SSIS Development and daily tasks and activities.
- Writes new or modifies existing SSIS packages/projects according to specified systems designs.
- Tests new or modified programs to ensure that they conform to design.
- Develops test data for use in program testing.
- Writes documentation of system changes in conformance with department standards
- Writes any necessary user documentation (report descriptions, user procedures, operations procedures)
- Provides timely and concise summaries of project status to manager.
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) knowledge and demonstrated experience required.
- Familiarity with project deployment model, use of project and package parameters, and Integration Services Catalog (including Environments) preferred.
- Knowledge of designing and developing data transformation solutions using a variety of SSIS components (Data Flow Task, Data Flow transform tasks, Data Flow containers, Foreach Loop containers, Script components using C#).
- Reviews user requirements for new applications or enhancements to existing applications and performs analysis, design, development, testing, installation, and training related to the application developed.
- Software development life cycle and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Proficient in SQL query writing and editing.
- Familiarity with building SQL database objects (tables, views, stored procedures).
- Develops complex ETL routines to load a dimensional star schema with a strong focus on data quality, error handling, and logging processes.
- Stays updated on new ETL techniques and methodologies and communicates trends.
- Assesses requirements for completeness and accuracy and determines actionable steps for the ETL team.
- Identifies necessary changes to current business and data integration processes.
- Communicates risks and ensures understanding.
- 7 years of IT Development experience with advanced experience working on ETLs for Data Warehouse in SQL Server databases
- Experience with Azure, Azure DevOps, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Server
- Advanced experience with T-SQL, data warehousing design, BI concepts, and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent practical and relevant experience.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in the health industry, SSRS, or Power BI is a plus.