Back to all jobs
Our client is searching for a Security Administrator (Contingent) to serve as a user access administrator within our cyber security department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of user access, defining, and maintaining role-based access, and assisting with periodic access reviews. Join their employee-first organization by applying below!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Performs security administration on various systems and applications (e.g., SQL, Web, Active Directory, Citrix, Mobile Devices, physical access, etc.).
- Grants access in accordance with internal policy, established standards, and procedures.
- Performs analysis of requests for potential risk prior to access.
- Troubleshoots security system access issues.
- Answers questions regarding information security practices or security access.
- Participates in internal and external audit support activities.
- Performs activities to resolve open audit issues.
- Communicates with the cyber security department management and staff to identify access control risk issues.
- Follows processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Reports suspicious activities or non-compliance access rights to management.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports in support of various initiatives.
- Maintains individual records for departmental metric reporting.
- Communicates project progress status and issues to the manager.
- Recommends procedural changes to enhance the functionality of the Cyber Security team.
- Identifies opportunities to automate or streamline current processes.
- Communicates with global peers across Information Security, Risk and Compliance and Information Technology focusing on service delivery improvements and increasing productivity. • Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (120 credit hours) in computer science or a related discipline.
- 3 years of experience in Information Technology, Security, or related area.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. • Flexible work shifts including on-call, overtime and weekends.
- Customer service skills focused and detail-oriented.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interface with management, and employees to answer questions in regard to information security practices and security access.
- General understanding of access management, the principle of least, privilege, segregation of duties and role-based access.