Back to all jobs
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Azure Data Developer to join our dynamic team. As an Azure Data Developer, you will play a crucial role in designing and implementing highly complex technology-based solutions to meet the needs of our users and Information Services departments. You will have the opportunity to suggest alternative approaches, develop business solutions, and act as a technical mentor for our Development and Business Analyst teams.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Consults with users and Information Services departments, determines needs, and designs highly complex technology-based solutions. Suggests alternative approaches to meet user requirements.
- Develops and implements business solutions. May fill the roles of Product, Program or Project Lead on a development team. Acts as technical mentor for the Development and Business Analyst teams.
- Develops and maintains documentation of programs, user guides, policies and procedures.
- Implements technologies that support the data strategy while developing and implementing the Data Lake/Lakehouse architecture while providing guidance on best practices.
- Defines and implements data pipelines that enable analytics and operational dashboards by designing and developing high quality batch and real-time data pipelines at a senior level.
- Defines and Implements Data Engineering standards and best practices that improve quality and efficiency and define/promote data engineer standards, best practices, and design patterns.
- Defines and Implements Data Engineering workflows that improve quality and reduce the time to release new features along with designing and implementing CI/CD workflows and pipelines.
- Ensures the team can support ongoing development and operations of new technology and mentor other members of the team in new technology and skills.
- Communicates project progress and status to the Manager and other development team members.
- Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques.
- Evaluates employee performance and deliverables when managing a development team project
- May determine training needs, mentor and recommend selection, termination, promotion, and reassignment of subordinates to their manager.
- Must maintain knowledge of current and upcoming technologies keeping an eye on external competitive trends and best practices.
- Required to create business solutions using knowledge and application of multiple technologies and applications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Services or a related field.
- 6+ years’ experience in project analysis, application development and/or application programming.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Development experience with Microsoft Azure and experience implementing Azure Data Factory Pipelines using the latest technologies and techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software (SSIS, MS Visual Studio and MS Server Products), MS Office Products, SQL server products, VB Scripting or related scripting languages.
- Effective communication and presentation skills and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary development teams.
- Ability to move into projects and immediately apply knowledge and add value.
- Has the ability to explain theories and reasoning behind decision-making while seeing the big picture and risks
- Experience leading a team of more junior employees providing guidance and expertise to help them learn
- The perfect candidate is required to obtain knowledge of our Affirmative Action policy and make decisions regarding employment, promotion, and termination of employees that comply with its principles.
- ETL/ELT, data replication/CDC, message-oriented data movement
- Experience with MDM tools and implementation
- Exposure with development, configuration, and deployment on Azure Cloud technologies
- Python programming skills